Inspired by Native American tradition, the Rainmaker is one who uses his power to bring rain to nourish crops that feed the tribe. In sales, a rainmaker is the revenue-bringer to a company – bringing the very lifeblood of the organization and makes the cash register ring. Here are the rules to being the Rainmaker, the salesperson that gets and keeps customers.
• Cherish customers at all times.
• Treat customers as you would your best friend.
• Listen to customers to decipher their needs.
• Give the customers what they need.
• Price your product to its dollarized value.
• Show customers the dollarized value of what they will get.
• Teach customers to want what they need.
• Make your product the way the customer wants it.
• Get your product to the customer when they want it.
• Give your customers a little extra, more than they expect.
• Remind customers of the dollarized value they received.
• Thank each customer sincerely and often.
• Help customers pay you, so they won’t be embarrassed elsewhere.
• Ask to do it again.